Skip Navigation


  • English

  • Punjabi

  • Hindi

Call us: 778-881-4611

Trusted Provider for Canadian Citizenship Application in Greater Vancouver

Permanent Resident Card

A valid permanent resident card is almost always a necessity when travelling outside of Canada as proof you are a permanent resident of Canada. To be eligible for a permanent resident card renewal, you must already be a permanent resident of Canada. In addition, your application must be submitted in Canada. There is also a requirement that you have spent a minimum of 2 years within Canada in the last five-year period prior to the date of applying. A PR card is valid for a 5 year period once issued.

Re-Entry Upon Leaving Canada

In limited circumstances, it is possible to have an expired card and still return to Canada. Returning to a land border in a private vehicle can allow you to produce alternative documents to show proof of permanent resident status. Some examples of private vehicles include a car, truck, motorcycle, or vehicle that you own, borrow, or rent.


If you intend to leave Canada by a commercial vehicle, airplane bus, train or boat, you cannot return to Canada without a valid permanent resident card. In these circumstances, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document overseas to return.

Want to Apply for Canadian Citizenship?

Start the process for Canadian residency today.

Schedule an Appointment

Contact us

Score Immigration and Fingerprints Services

7028 120 St

Surrey, B.C V3W 3M8



Opening Hours

Monday 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM

Sunday: Closed (Passport studio is open)

Service Area

  • Lower Mainland

  • Greater Vancouver


Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Created by

Legal notice